Monday, June 6, 2011

Running with Vicki

Over the last couple of years I have been getting back into running again.  I typically run 5k most days and have run several 10k runs a 3 half-marathons so far.  All of these runs have helped me to see the value of eating relatively healthy and maintaining an active lifestyle.  On Saturday, I hit another milestone in my running journey.  Vicki and I ran at 5k together.  Although it wasn't my fastest time, I felt an amazing sense of pride crossing the finish line together.  I hope that there will be many runs like this one in the future.  As Vicki starts junior high in the fall, I realize that she is entering the next phase of her journey through life and that my role in it will likely diminish in the coming years.  That said, it's great to know that we have an activity that we can share to keep the lines of communication open. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Retirement - Onward and Upward!

  I have been waiting to write this post for a few months now.  It started in September 2025 when I realized that I was burned out from work...