It is now 2019 and we rung in the new year with our usual crew of friends. It was a pretty tame event by our previous standards, but it was great to see a lot of our friends as we don't all get together as much anymore.
I committed to "dry January" with no booze for the month and so far it has been great. I have dropped a few pounds and I am feeling better. I have also gone to the gym for the last 5 days straight. Hoping that will continue.
Cheryl and I booked a trip to Puerto Plata Village for our 25th anniversary. The reviews are not great, but it is a nostalgic place for us as it was our first trip south and the moment of our "reconnect/disconnect" come to Jesus moment in our relationship where we realized we had to be more than just "mom and dad". It was probably one of our biggest fights, but when we came through it we were stronger and more committed than ever. It is very easy to get complacent in a relationship. This is especially true lately as we see lots of our friends struggling with their relationships.
Here's hoping the reviews of our resort are exaggerated. I distinctly remember the swim-up bar, the piano bar, and the pizza shack as being highlights from 15 years ago. Here's hoping they still hold up.
~ My journey of self-discovery, compass to guide me home when I need it, a reminder of the love and support that surrounds me, and hopefully a guide to understanding me to those closest around me ~
Friday, January 11, 2019
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Retirement - Onward and Upward!
I have been waiting to write this post for a few months now. It started in September 2025 when I realized that I was burned out from work...
-
Nobody would have bet on us in 1994. Hell, we probably would not have bet on us. Such is life. The older I get, the more special I realiz...
-
Here are some random thoughts I have collected over the past couple of weeks: In the end, for me it not about following all of the rules, bu...
-
Well, it has been almost a month since I posted, so I figured I should post an update. After taking two months off on stress leave on the ad...
No comments:
Post a Comment