Sunday, August 4, 2024

Liminal Summer

 


The summer is half over and, although it often seems like we have not done much, when I look back we have been very busy.  We went to parlee beach to meet with greg and sean.  visited with colin & janet, gerard and rhea, went down to leonards boat twice, went to lakeside cottage with the old crew, biked from morell to st peters and back, I biked to strathgartney and we have hiked there as well.  Cheryl and I have been walking most mornings and have been to the beach several times.  That just scratches the surface for us as we leave for newfoundland in 2 weeks.  Looking forward to gros morne, fogo and twillingate.

This has been a really unique summer as I have taken stress leave for a month for the first time in my 24 years in government.  I just felt very overwhelmed and hit a wall.  It has been fantastic for my peace of mind and has given Cheryl and I an opportunity to talk about  how we are transitioning from who we used to be to who we want to become.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Retirement - Onward and Upward!

  I have been waiting to write this post for a few months now.  It started in September 2025 when I realized that I was burned out from work...