Tuesday, March 10, 2026

 


Retirement is getting closer.  I can feel my stress level decreasing day by day.  Things are falling into place in a way that they haven't for the last couple of years.  I feel strong, capable, independent, and open to new experiences.   I have made mistakes, but I have made many more good choices over the years.  I feel the reset beginning as I worry less about my work, my kids, and money.  I realize that life is progressing as it should and I feel like I am beginning to stand up on the surfboard again and ride the wave.  Odd analogy as I have never surfed.  But that is how I feel right now.  Things that were out of sync are now beginning to sync up.  My confidence is coming back and I am feeling comfortable again.  I am making decisions based on what is best for me rather than what is best for my career, and my family.  They are important, but I am pulling my own oxygen mask down first and I can feel stronger in doing so. 

I am hoping to be fully retired in the next few weeks which should lessen the pressure even more.  I am hoping to get off my anti-anxiety meds and start living life for me again first and foremost and secondly for those around me that I love and support (as they have loved and supported me).

Onward and Upward!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Retirement - Onward and Upward!

  I have been waiting to write this post for a few months now.  It started in September 2025 when I realized that I was burned out from work...