Wednesday, February 26, 2014

20 years and counting....


Well,  after all of the lows of the past few weeks, Cheryl and I got to celebrate our 20th anniversary in Jamaica with our good friends Mark & Cathy.  It was so nice to get away from PEI for a bit to get some clarity and perspective on Mom's passing.  It also doesn't hurt that we missed 3 snowstorms while we were away. 

It's hard to believe how fast 20 years have gone.  I surprised Cheryl with a recording of the song I wrote for her for our Wedding in 1994.  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DmrpCvObsNc

It was amazing as I sifted through all of our old pictures to see how much we had accomplished over the past 20 years. 

Jamaica was amazing.  We stayed for the second year in a row at the Bahia Principe at Runaway Bay just outside Montego Bay.  The Jerk Chicken, Rum, Sun, food, and friends were amazing. We even spent our last day on the beach with musician Bruce Guthro and his family.  Great people. 

I said last year about our trip, that you get out of the trip what you need to.  I think I am still processing this trip as I was trying to forget about all of the lows of the past month, and focus on the highs of celebrating my 20th anniversary, but somehow my thoughts regularly drifted back to Mom.  I had a beautiful moment running on the beach in the morning when a rainbow appeared over the beach while I listened to the song "Say Something" and it was very cathartic.  I think, overall, that this was one of my favourite trips as there were so many good things.  Nobody got sick or too crazy.  The food was amazing, the weather was amazing, the beach was great, and because we already knew the resort we were able to settle in to our routine quickly:  Run, Breakfast, Beach, Bar, Jerk Chicken Lunch, Pool Bar or Beach in the afternoon, Siesta, Great Supper, Drinks & Show.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Retirement - Onward and Upward!

  I have been waiting to write this post for a few months now.  It started in September 2025 when I realized that I was burned out from work...