Friday, July 14, 2023

TCW

 It has been one month since I have written here.  Purely coincidental, but interesting that it has been that long.  Personally, I take that as a good sign meaning that I have been so busy living and doing, that I haven't had the time to document everything.  

It has been a whirlwind month of change yet again as Cheryl has left her lab tech job at UPEI.  We are calling this the summer of Cheryl.  

I am so grateful for so many things in my life, but this one speaks directly to the fact that Cheryl and I put our personal goals and dreams aside while we raised our family.  We fully accepted our roles at a young age when it was scary and unknown and have spent the last 30 years blazing our own trail.  None of our friends could really relate to everything that was thrown at us at a young age.  But we managed, then succeeded, then thrived.  Being so good at multi-tasking for so long has honed our efficiency and we have a lot of untapped skills that we have developed along the way. 

Now it is time for us to take our foot off the gas, slow down and re-visit our own personal goals and relationship goals.  But now with 30 years of experience, additional resources, a great support network of friends, colleagues and family, and each other's full support having been through the shit that we have, we are better equipped to thrive in the this new rapidly changing world.

To me, TCW represents our relationship.  Tim & Cheryl Wartman.  But TCW is only 100% total.  Theoretically if Cheryl & I were at our absolute perfection we could each throw 50% into the TCW bucket, but that will never happen.  Some days you have a lot to throw into the bucket, some days you have nothing, but if the other person has thrown stuff into the bucket, it is the cumulative total of the bucket that matters.  5% from C & 30% from T = 35%.  Equally, 10% from T & 25% from C =35%. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Retirement - Onward and Upward!

  I have been waiting to write this post for a few months now.  It started in September 2025 when I realized that I was burned out from work...