A seemingly innocuous picture of 4 bowls, but it is what the bowls represent that is important in this picture. When Cheryl and I got married in 1994 we received among our many wedding gifts, numerous pyrex bowl sets. You know the ones, the set of 3 small, medium and large bowls. I think at one count we had 8 sets of them. Audrey and Vernon graciously kept several sets in their attic, but slowly released them to us over the years. On February 19th, it will be 30 years that we have been married and these are the last remaining bowls from all of the received sets.
Not one bowl matches, there are 3 large bowls, one medium bowl, no remaining small bowls and I have no earthly idea where the remaining 20 bowls went over the years. Such is life, my friends. we are handed a lot of tools over our lifetime. Over the years, they dwindle, disappear, lose their luster and sometimes even their relevance, so we must support them with other tools.
Sometimes the things we hold on to are important, and other times they are just old outdated mismatched bowls.

No comments:
Post a Comment