Friday, December 27, 2024

Stability

As 2024 draws to a close I am curious about 2025.  There is much uncertainty politically which may or may not affect the work that I do.

In the past, the holiday season was an escape from work, but lately I find it long and drawn out and not as upbeat and fulfilling as it used to be.  I find the days long and I long to be travelling or at least doing something more fulfilling than watching youtube and random movies.  

I am so glad that Cheryl and I were able to snag a cheap trip to Cuba in February to escape the monotony that our world sometimes entails.  I love our routines, but I am struggling to find things that interest me.  I have a good routine that involves roughly an hour at the gym, an hour reading and an hour playing music which helps contain me, but I still feel like there is something I am missing.  My kids are on their own journey, my friends are on their own paths and Cheryl is thriving in her new environment.  I have spent 30 years sacrificing for others and struggle to figure myself out at this stage of my life.  I love my life and I love my family.  I think I just want to travel more and explore, but that means slogging it out for the next 5 years so that I can fund those adventures.  

2024 was an ok year.  Better than some of the more recent years.   I feel like I am heading toward a goal, but not exactly sure what that goal is, but things seem to be working out ok.  Financially, emotionally, and physically, I feel stable at this point in my life.   

No comments:

Post a Comment

Retirement - Onward and Upward!

  I have been waiting to write this post for a few months now.  It started in September 2025 when I realized that I was burned out from work...