Thursday, December 12, 2024

'Tis the season

For some people December is the most wonderful time of the year, or so the song states.  But that is not the case for everyone.  With Andrew's birthday being exactly 2 weeks before Christmas, it has become impossible to get into the Christmas spirit.  Which is tough as it is the time of year that everyone wants to socialize and catch up and have large gatherings to celebrate.  I'm just not there.  I have come very introverted over the last couple of years, and do not enjoy large gatherings at the best of times, let alone at this time of the year.  

We are attending more social events in December than we have in the past few months combined.  And everyone expects me to be joyful and upbeat and thankful and that is very difficult.  The thing with the holiday season is that it is a constant reminder of all of the family Christmas' of the past and all of Andrew's birthday and it triggers all of the grief that exists in me.  


No comments:

Post a Comment

Retirement - Onward and Upward!

  I have been waiting to write this post for a few months now.  It started in September 2025 when I realized that I was burned out from work...