- Fingerprint scanners on phones are not an exact science. You hammer away in dfferent combinations and permutations to try to get a complete picture. Sometimes, the number gets stuck at the same place and seems to resist natural progression, but the more you hammer away and adjust and adapt, the full picture will be revealed eventually. Such is life. The more we put ourselves out there into different situations outside our comfort zonei, the more we develop a clearer picture of the real world around us.
- So many people I know don't have their kids in their lives and my kids are such a great support to me and knowing that they want to come home and are happy to be here and sharing. I don't think I fully grasp how unique and how good this is at this particular moment in my life I really need this right now
- One of the incorrect things that I learned from Mom is that showing vulnerability will make you look weak, when it is the reverse that is true: showing vulnerability allows people to feel connected to you
- In so many ways throughout my life, I was more focused on who I thought I was then who I actually was.
- Each one of us is more than our worst momenta and decisions.
- Some people have a negative narrative constantly playing in their heads, but the worst of these are those who cannot control the flow and it oozes and seeps from all of their pores. Unable to see the beauty around them, they slither grunt their discontentment at anything that resembles an ear.
- Gordon Lightfoot described songwriting as like going to the dentist. Painful but necessary. I feel that way about all of my writing, but while it is painful and hard, it is also cathartic and inevitable. For me, word choice and nuance are essential and clarifying.
- Interesting perspective from our trip to Italy. While North Americans picture Christopher Columbus as arriving in America, Italians picture it as 3 ships leaving for a new land.
- All of the money and pretty things in the world cant buy your peace.
- Italy...a patchwork of makeshift wolutions that generally works.
- Song lyric - I might be a little light-headed, but baby I'm always clear-headed with you.
~ My journey of self-discovery, compass to guide me home when I need it, a reminder of the love and support that surrounds me, and hopefully a guide to understanding me to those closest around me ~
Thursday, May 11, 2023
Random Thoughts by Tim
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Retirement - Onward and Upward!
I have been waiting to write this post for a few months now. It started in September 2025 when I realized that I was burned out from work...
-
Nobody would have bet on us in 1994. Hell, we probably would not have bet on us. Such is life. The older I get, the more special I realiz...
-
Here are some random thoughts I have collected over the past couple of weeks: In the end, for me it not about following all of the rules, bu...
-
Well, it has been almost a month since I posted, so I figured I should post an update. After taking two months off on stress leave on the ad...
No comments:
Post a Comment