Monday, May 1, 2023

Rome to florence

A 4 hour scenic bus ride from Rome to Florence seems like a great time to think about life and goals and wonder about the future.
  • We are nested into the back corner of the bus soft sounds of peaceful meditation tickling my ears.  The green hills and castles atop mountains remind me that this land is so much older than. The red soil of pei.   Slaves, kings, dynasties have all lived and died here.  Fuelled by tradition it would be futile for this land to change and adapt now.  But strong it stands.  120 feet deep of concrete remnants of worlds i will never know bridging into then past as I strive for the future while resisting the immediacy of the now.  
  • I kiss cheryl so she will remember this moment.
  • She is confused 
  • We emerge from the tunnel anew.  New land.   New challenges. New style.  New outlook.  New people.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Retirement - Onward and Upward!

  I have been waiting to write this post for a few months now.  It started in September 2025 when I realized that I was burned out from work...