Tuesday, November 21, 2023

Macro/Micro, Zen Logic & Stretching

Macro/Micro

I am zoning in the micro level of many things.  Micro-wins, micro-losses.  Every little win or loss needs to be counted.  While I used to ONLY focus on macro level things like parties, events, concerts, trips etc., I NOW focus on micro level things like feeling good leaving the gym, walking on a beach, biking in the fresh air, hearing good news.  The macro events still happen and are counted, but by focusing on the micro level, it takes the pressure of the macro level stuff to be perfect.   Enough micro wins can legitimately affect a state of mind, or conversely micros losses can make you feel depressed. 

Zen Logic

My two sides meet like yin and yang.  The relaxed state of a philosopher who knows that knowing is all well and good, but strives for meaning and and answers.  My practicality can be militaristic and severe which often makes me question what the point of being practical is if it means I save myself the stress of living by smoothing the path.

Stretching

When I stretch my mind beyond where it is used to, it becomes spring-like.  The big thoughts that I had before do not seem so big now.  Just like stretching my body, it is good to stretch my brain.  Stretching the boundaries slightly in all directions, ensures that the mind does not close in on itself and become like a stale balloon.  Instead it remains full of air and life and meaning.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Retirement - Onward and Upward!

  I have been waiting to write this post for a few months now.  It started in September 2025 when I realized that I was burned out from work...