The last two weeks have been a blur. I don't even know where to begin here, but I feel I should post something to try to get some of my feelings down now as I am in the apex of this current liminal point.
I turn 50 in 2 weeks and I don't even have a minute to think about it as I am immersed in the theatre world again. 2 Weeks ago this was not even on my radar and I was wondering about slowing down and in 12 days I will be on stage singing solo and acting in front of a paying audience with Lorne Elliott. Shocked and overwhelmed is an understatement.
My current feelings are pride and self-confidence. I stepped way out of my comfort zone into an area I used to delve into when I was younger and it turns out I am still good at it. I'm getting old, but I'm not old yet!
Regardless of how this show goes, it is a huge boost to my self-confidence and reminds me that I have so much left to experience in this world. I am hoping to post more on this as I turn 50 and what I hope to bring to my 50s, but generally, I am looking at slowing down my work pace and enjoying travelling, family and friends while everyone's health is still good. Not that I am worried about anything, but I am zoning in on the fact that retirement when I am young and active will be very different from retirement when/if options become limited.
For now, I am loving life and enjoying using skills that I love that I didn't think I would ever use again.
Side lesson that I am learning from Lorne is that it is ok to be Weird and different. In fact, if you can be weird and different and SMART, there is a world of possibilities out there.
More to come.
Carpe Diem.
No comments:
Post a Comment