So, it has been a crazy chaotic few days so far, but Lorne Elliott's show is coming along. It has been an amazing few days and my head is spinning with ideas. Overall, though, it just good to feel creative and alive and passionate again about something other than my family.
So many thoughts.
- It is great to use my creative side again. Although it is a very different skill than government, I am so lucky that I can exist in both worlds. This gives me such a unique position.
- I actually thought of an idea for a response play to Mom's Run Amok where Jimmy does get a government job and it becomes his story which is pretty much my story about trying to fit into two different worlds and in the end seeing that both worlds help to make him who he needs to be. Even came up with an opening line and chords for a first song. D (scale), d, g, a,d. "Work downtown in an office job, 8 hours a day. All I want to do is protect my family, and take home my pay."
- This was the next step in my journey of self-exploration. I pretty much thought acting was over for me and it is so great to still be able to do it.
- This is a really unique opportunity to work with a Canadian legend, two amazing singers, showcase my talents, work on my voice and get the creative juices flowing again for writing. Short stories, songs, maybe a play?
- Working with other actors, I forgot that I am actually pretty good at this.
- I think all jobs should end in applause. lol
Lots more thoughts to share. I am less terrified than a few days ago. Still nervous, but so happy I took this leap. Much more to come.
No comments:
Post a Comment