I still can't believe this happened even as I type this. I want to get my thoughts down now while they are fresh as I don't know how long I will remember the clarity of the details of the past couple of days.
On a lark, I submitted an outdated theatre resume with a wrong phone number for a possible last minute casting of a Lorne Elliott Play which involve singing as well as acting. I sent a response, sent a follow-up youtube clip. I had fully expected to get rejected and the would be my impetus for slowing down or stopping acting having had a good run acting with Dan, doing various Shakespeare plays, Laramie Project, All new People, etc. I would have tried and failed. End story.
I got the role with Lorne Elliott's play. I might be totally bonkers for doing this as I am totally over my head, but I am calm and relaxed about it and know that I will get there. Today is day 1 of 24 until we open. What a crazy day. Only 3 days ago this was not even on my radar and now I am fully immersed back in the theatre world after a 5 year absence. And at a higher level. Regardless of what happens after this post, I am so thankful that I decided to go way out of my comfort zone, and I am so happy that I have Cheryl's support on this as it using muscles I am not used to.
Sidenote: It's ironic that I spent 20 years trying to cram my creative side into a bureaucratic role and never seemed to fit, only to emerge out the other side to re-examine my theatrical side only to be stifled by 20 years of bureaucracy.
I could ramble on here all night, but it is great when you find like-minded people. It reminds you that you are not alone on your journey and that regardless how much you feel like an outsider, your people are out there. It is so refreshing to work with theatre people again, but it is also a reminder of how free they are with their ideas regardless how odd they might seem to others.
Long day. Late night. Back at it tomorrow.
Regardless of any complaints I might have along the way, I want to remember how much it lifted me up to be reminded of this skillset I have that I can dig into when I need to.
I am happy.
PS - I need to remember that the next 4 weeks will be unlike anything I have ever done or probably will do again. What a crazy world it is. I did not see this one coming, universe.
No comments:
Post a Comment