This short post might not mean anything to anyone else but me, but, although it has been fantastic working from home and I love every aspect of my home office, in particular the control I have over my own environment, mental health and itinerary, there is something refreshing and nostalgic about driving down to the office. The patterned driving path almost that could be driven by rote, the same people doing the same chores at the same time every day, the comforting familiarity of the downtown Charlottetown core as it wakes up to a new day, fog lifting, arms stretching. The kathumped pattern of footsteps confident in their placement en route to get shit done.
The reminder that for 20+ years this is was my world. I knew it. I breathed it. I felt it. And it is strangely like returning to a nest and a place of comfort as I attack the day from this familiar comfortable vantage point.
No comments:
Post a Comment